Deputyship Advice With Diverse Abilities

If you have a child who is approaching 18 years old and who is not able to make decisions for themselves about their finances, their living arrangements and their support, you may wish to apply for Welfare Deputyship. Once a child reaches their 18th birthday, their parents no longer have legal authority to make major decisions for them about their health and welfare, instead the social care and health professionals will decide what is best for the child. If you would like final decision-making power, on health and welfare matters you will need to apply for welfare deputyship. The Advice Team can support you to make an application to the Court of Protection that could enable you to be appointed as a ‘deputy’ and have the right to make the decisions you believe to be the best for your loved one. The team will explain what you need to do at every stage, help you fill in forms and provide you with advice and support throughout the process.


Venue address
Disability Wessex Family Centre
West Moors
BH22 0LL


Opening times
Mon: 09:30-13:30
Tue: 09:30-13:30
Wed: 09:30-13:30
Thu: 09:30-13:30
Fri: 09:30-13:30

Service Details

Additional Information
Visit website for further information and to find out how we can help you.

Journey Planner

Address: Disability Wessex  Family Centre  West Moors  Ferndown  Dorset